Affordability Payments for Albertans
If you are an Alberta Senior (aged 65+) or a parent or guardian to children under 18, you may be eligible for Affordability Payments from the Alberta Government.
- Senior aged 65 OR parent or guardian to children under 18
- Must have lived in Alberta as of November 30, 2022
- Have a household income LESS THAN $180,000
- We can apply for you in our office
- If you have a verfied MADI, you can apply online
- Anyone receiving monthly benefits through AISH, Income Support, Alberta Seniors Benefit or services through Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) will automatically get their personal $600 payment, but will need to apply for additional payments if they have kids under 18.
Documents to Bring with You:
Alberta Driver’s License or ID
Social Insurance Number
Please bring your valid Alberta Driver’s License or ID card. If you don’t have one, we can use other government-issued photo ID, but then we also need proof of residence such as a pay stub, bank statement, utility bill etc.
We don’t need the actual card, but we do need your Social Insurance Number clearly printed.
Bring a void cheque or a direct deposit form from your bank. If you don’t have this, we can request a cheque to be mailed to you, but this will delay your payment.
Applying for your Children
You can apply for your children under 18 years old if they live in Alberta. We need
- the child’s first and last name
- the child’s date of birth.
To make it easier, we ask that you bring either your child’s Birth Certificate OR Alberta Health Card.
Applying for your Spouse
You may apply for Affordability Payments for your spouse (husband or wife) if your spouse is aged 65+. It is important to have the verbal consent of your spouse before you come to our office.
You will need:
- Spouse’s full name
- Spouse’s date of birth
- Spouse’s Social Insurance Number
Our office is very busy with processing these service requests. It’s a good idea to join the line before you leave home. You will get a text letting you know when your turn will be. We thank you for your patience.