COVID-19 Pandemic UpdateMarch 16, 2020 12:26 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic is unfolding at lightning speed across the globe and we are doing our best to stay current and to let our customers know what is happening. Here is what we can tell you today:
- We will be open today as usual from 8 am – 7 pm. Our hours may be reduced later this week/month to accommodate a reduced workforce if needed. Hours will be updated on our website and social media channels.
- Since last week, we have been asking anyone with any flu-like symptoms OR anyone who has traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days to follow AHS recommendation (and now requirement) to self-isolate and NOT enter our office. This is to protect the health of our staff and other customers.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule to include hourly sanitation of the waiting room and especially common touch points such as door handles. Staff are using bleach solution to sanitize the debit machines and transaction tops, as well as vision test machine and knowledge test stations between each customer.
- We do have some hand sanitizer in the office but supplies are very low – our order has been on backorder for two weeks now and we are struggling to get any. Our staff do have gloves though and are handwashing frequently throughout the day as well.
- We are asking clients to leave 2 metres between each client in line. We are marking the floor so people know how much distance to leave. We are also removing the chairs from the waiting room to leave more space for “social distancing” and we are asking friends, family etc NOT to come into the office, but to wait outside or in their vehicles. While our office is always below 50% of the occupancy allowed, we still feel that the fewer people in the office at one time, the safer we will all be.
- We are asking clients NOT to reach over the clerk’s till and to stand a foot back from the counter. Please help us to keep our staff safe. They are working hard to deliver services at a very stressful time. Please be respectful.
- We do have many services that can be done online, including vehicle renewals, lien checks, corporate searches and much more. You will need to leave ample time to receive your tabs in the mail, so please plan ahead.
- If you have a road test scheduled and you wish to postpone, you can do so by clicking the link in the confirmation email. If it is within 24 hours and you want to re-schedule because of COVID-19, please contact Alberta Transportation at (403) 297-6679.
- For Alberta Health care applications, we will NOT process an application if you have arrived to Canada less than 14 days ago. If you fall into this category, you are required to be in self-isolation for 14 days. You can wait the 14 days and then come in, or you can download the AHCIP Applicationand mail it in to the address on the application form with photocopies of the required documents.
- We also do not process requests for replacement cards. This is not part of our contract with Alberta Health. You can call them directly at 780-427-1432 and they can send you a new card faster than we can request one for you, and it also saves you a trip.
We don’t know what the next developments will be, but we are committed to keeping our doors open as long as we can. Please give us a call at 403 272-5513 before you set out to be sure we will be able to help you and to make sure you have the right documents.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Shannon Vander Meulen
Comments are closed here.