Becoming a Driver Examiner
NOTE: Alberta Transportation is currently not certifying new Driver Examiners because there are a sufficient number of examiners in the province to meet demand. East Calgary Registry is currently not hiring new examiners.
Certified Driver Examiners ensure the safety of Alberta roads by assessing new drivers for required skills and knowledge prior to issuing n Alberta Driver’s Licence.
This job is for you if:
- You are committed to traffic safety
- You are knowledgeable about policies and procedures related to road testing
- You are passionate about customer service and delivering customer experiences that meet and exceed expectations
- You are a team player who enjoys learning every day and sharing your experience with others
- People who know you describe you as responsible and reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Report to the President of East Calgary Registry
- Conduct class 4, 5 (Basic and Advanced) and/or 6 road tests according to Alberta Transportation standards and determine the knowledge and ability of drivers to safely operate passenger vehicles.
- Assist where required with booking and check in of clients for road testing
- Participate in professional development and team building activities
- Deliver a customer experience that exceeds expectations.
- Comply with the Code of Conduct for Registry Agent Personnel
- Provide examination results and constructive feedback, as prescribed by Alberta Transportation.
- May be required to travel outside of Calgary and to perform tasks related to car rentals (including sanitizing of vehicles, filling with gas, taking to car wash, etc.)
- Accredited driver examiner or licensed driver examiner who is currently delivering tests through Alberta Transportation (preferred)
- Clean Driver’s Abstract with fewer than 7 demerit points
- Valid Class 1, 2, 3 or 4 Alberta Operator’s License
- You have at least 5 years of driving experience as the holder of a Class 4 or 5 driver’s licence, depending on the class of licence you intend to test
- Your driver’s licence has never been cancelled or suspended due to a Traffic Safety Act or Criminal Code (Canada)
- Grade 12 education, equivalent or higher.
- Skilled at dealing with a diverse clientele
- Extensive experience in dealing with the public
- Excellent team environment
- Free Parking
- Full Time Employment, salary or hourly wage to be negotiated
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Stat Holidays
Forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com